Sunday, May 6, 2012

pay it forward


I am so giddy after such a nice, shocking surprise this morning! My roommate Brittney and I went to Starbucks this morning because we needed coffee and those advertisements for the mocha cookie crumble frappuccinos were too good to pass up. By the way, they are delicious! Starbucks describes them as, "Milk and cookies meets chocolate and coffee for the drink you’re too grown-up to admit that you really want". 
Anyway, the reason I am so giddy is because we got them for FREE! Brittney and I decided... Ahh, we're just having a lazy day today doing laundry, so why not let this guy get in front of us in the line at Starbucks. So we did just that, we let the guy get in front of us. I don't think you could have wiped the smiles off of our faces for a good 30 minutes after pulling up to pay and having the cashier say, "the man in front of you paid, here are your drinks, have a nice day!" I've heard of this happening in movies, but honestly, I've never had anyone do anything more than give me a friendly wave for letting them in front of me. How awesome that someone just paid for our drinks! I think our total was like $9, but that's $9 we didn't have to spend this morning because a perfect stranger paid for us. 


So, I'm feeling inspired today! I'm going to give away a FREE flat iron/curling iron case to one lucky person drawn at random who comments on my blog, and tells me what they plan to do to start paying it forward today! :) 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to pay it forward today by taking everyone at girls night some food and snacks! We were told to bring a bottle of wine and eat before we come but i'm going to surprise the girls and bring some chips and crackers and make some desserts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I hope you enjoyed your night with friends! I will announce the winner of the flat iron/curling iron case on Friday :)

      Delete